Papers and Presentations
A large number of papers and presentations have been written, describing work done with the BNC. The list below only contains papers that are available from this site (and which may not be available elsewhere).
As the use of the corpus still is spreading, any bibliography that attempts to be complete will soon be out of date. You should nevertheless be able to find other publications relating to the BNC through, for example, the ICAME Bibliography (where you can add publications not included), the Modern Languages Association (MLA) Bibliography (by subscription), and the British Library's Electronic Table of Contents via Zetoc (limited access, primarily UK institutions).
- Aston, G. (1996) The British National Corpus as a language learner resource (Paper presented at TALC 96)
- Burnage, G. and Dominic Dunlop (1993) Encoding the British National Corpus in Aarts et al (eds) (1992) English language corpora: design, analysis and exploitation Amsterdam: Rodopi, pp 79-95
- Burnard, L. (1996) Introducing SARA: exploring the BNC with SARA (Paper presented at TALC 96)
- Kilgarriff, A. and Salkie, R. (1996) Corpus similarity and homogeneity via word frequency, Euralex 96 Proceedings Göteborg: 1996.
- Kytö, M. and Romaine, S. Competing Forms of Adjective comparison in Modern English: What could be more quicker and easier and more effective? in Nevalainen, T and Kahlas-Tarkka, L, (eds.) To Explain the Present: Studies in the Changing English Language in Honour of Mattie Rissanen. Helsinki, 1997
The list of BNC-related publications and presentations held at the old BNC site can be found here