The prices below cover the licence itself, our distribution costs, and the media on which the corpus is delivered. The BNC XML Edition is supplied complete and ready to install as a set of two DVD-ROMs. These include full documentation, the corpus itself, a set of compiled Xaira indexes for use on any platform, and a new version of the Xaira searching software customized for use with the BNC.
Prices quoted here include delivery by standard airmail and packing, but exclude VAT and bank charges, where applicable. (VAT at 17.5% where applicable is payable on orders within Europe).
- Prices from 1 June 2007
- Existing licence holders
If you have a BNC World licence which is valid, you can continue to use the
BNC World corpus until the licence expires.
You cannot exchange your BNC World licence for a licence for BNC XML edition.
- If your licence was taken out more than five years ago, then it is no longer valid. You should order a new licence if you wish to continue using the corpus.
- If your licence was taken less than five years ago it will expire five years from the licence date. You can continue to use your old version of the BNC until that date.
- credit card. We can accept Visa and Mastercard, as long as we are provided with the full number, expiry date and security code of the card.
- cheque (pound sterling only).
- BACS transfer -- Please add GBP 10 to the total cost of the order to cover bank charges. You MUST include the following description with the transfer: BNC ENO408-48210-25.
- invoice. Institutions within the EU can pay for the corpus by invoice (i.e. we send you a bill). To use this option, your institution has to issue and send us an official purchase order (what is that?). We will then send you an invoice/bill which your institution pays by card, cheque, or bank transfer. Please note that the pay by invoice option is available to institutions in the EU only.
What is a purchase order?
A purchase order (PO) is an official document from your institution which you send us before payment in order to request that we send you an invoice/bill. The purchase order should state what you want to purchase, what the price is, your billing and delivery addresses, and terms of payment. It should have an official purchase order number (your internal reference). Include your institution’s VAT number if you do not wish to be charged VAT at the UK rate (17.5%).
Send us your purchase order together with your order form (a printed copy of the confirmation email you get when you fill in the BNC order form on the BNC website). When we receive your order and official purchase order, our finance department will issue an invoice (bill) which is sent to your institution. Your institution can then pay for the goods by card, cheque, or bank transfer. (More about purchase order in Wikipedia ).